Before Placing Order
Terms and conditions
0. Registry email. It is required that the registry email be valid and working. We'll post shipping information and relevant updates to your email address. It is not our responsibility to explain and/or cover the consequences caused by invalid and/or unreachable email address.
During year 2019~2021, we had been working with local post office. It had to be admitted that we relied too much on local postal channel. There had been success and failures as well.
Now we started cooperation with our new shipping partner SFC (https://www.sfcservice.com/) since July, 2021. SFC is an integrated shipping service provider who is able to cover shipping services include, but not limited to, plainmail, registered mail, economical postal service, express service(EMS/FedEx/DHL/UPS etc), ocean freight etc. It is great for us and we are gaining healthy data from working with them.
In the context of this site, 'free shipping' means the economical small packet service provided by China post. Most customers know that it is the main service we had been using for years. This time however, by shifting to SFC we are opening up more outgoing channels. The major reason that we can't continue our cooperation with local post was that, all parcels through local post were handed to a specific customs/airport. When this channel get stuck, all our parcels will be affected. So it is great that we are having multiple choices now. Limitations of 'free shipping': <2kg in weight, 7-15 days' delivery in average on major directions. Note that a delivery time of more than 30 days is still quite possible due to the situation the world is in.
For those outside the service range of free shipping area or looking for alternative shipping methods, please contact email@example.com for a quote of extra shipping fee.
2. When to ship and tracking number. Usually it will take 1-7 days to dispatch your order. Tracking number(s) will be updated to your 'order history' and sent to your registry email simultaneously after dispatch. You can track your package at https://www.sfcservice.com/ by the tracking number(s). Don't hesitate to communicate with us through firstname.lastname@example.org whenever you have any questions.
3. When I don't receive it. Always contact support(AT)verypuzzle.com whenever you think it is necessary, there's no time limitation. The international journey of parcel is never easy. They probably got delayed, incorrectly handled/delivered, returned/broken or even missing. No worries! Either your money or your puzzle is safe with us, just keep us notified about your situation.
4. When I want to return the product. Cases involving returning puzzles will have to contact email@example.com in the first place. When you get the returning address, you may then ship it back to us. The shipping back fee could be high and will usually counted on your side, so let's pay more attention or start a communication before placing an order if you have any questions.
5. Risk control. In some rare cases, we do have risk control actions. For example, there's a chance that an account be suspended and/or order be cancelled temporily if there were active claims against us from the account while still making new orders. Another example from reality. Sometimes people put our email domain in the rejection list (of course this could happen unintentionally). In this case we will not be able to deliver updates of your order, nor can we answer any of your email enquiries. To avoid seemingly 'irresponsible' customer service, we will suspend your account till above situation be changed.
6. When I receive broken or defected product/I lost or broke some parts or sticker pieces. Most received-but-broken puzzles can be recovered by sending free repairing parts together with necessary instructions. We can send new ones in worst cases. Anyway please understand that it is beyond our ability to require parcels be delivered in perfect condition as they will be handled by a large number of workers around the world. Of course it is our job to protect your parcel proportionately. Parts and sticker pieces within limited quantity(ies) are free of charge. Always send email to support(AT)verypuzzle.com for assistance.
7. When I need any support. We all are not born to be able to work around with complicated puzzles. Whenever you have any questions with your puzzle, try send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and get help. The supporting email is the best way to communicate with us. Try to provide as much information as possible to reduce unnecessary back and forth. Try to keep all communication in one email thread so that we can keep track of all relevant information. Instant message is strongly not recommended since most problems need be solved step by step rather than instantly.
8. About rotation rules. A good fraction of our puzzles were based on multiple axis systems, such as combining face center and edge center axis system of a dodecahedron into one puzzle. Such puzzles may present illegal moves, i.e., moves that are not designed to make but physically possible by squeezing a bit. Sometimes it is as infeasible as forcing a basketball through sleeves, sometimes not. Such moves may be harmful to your puzzle so it is necessary that you follow its rotation rules, or symmetry patterns. An 'n-fold symmetry' or 'Cn symmetry' in the Product Information Card means a legal rotation of a face requires one or multiples of 360/n degrees. Such is the case for pentagonal faces of Rhombic Tuttminx and all faces of Megaminx Ball, for example.
[Harder part] For less symmetrical faces like hexagonal faces of Rhombic Tuttminx, the rules are a bit more complicated. A regular polygon with n vertices bears a Cn rotational symmetry around its center of geometry, i.e. a square has a C4 rotational symmetry. The symmetry of hexagonal face of Rhombic Tuttminx however, corresponds to symmetry of a rectangle. A rectangle has apparent C2 rotational symmetry(180 degree turns) around its center but also presents commutative symmetry of adjacent vertices(x, 180-x, 180+x, 360-x degrees). This gives the asymmetric hexagonal face of Rhombic Tuttminx 6 valid rotation angles/stops but different from that of C6 symmetry (60*n degrees). Some people refer to such rotations utilizing commutative symmetry of adjacent vertices of a rectangle as 'jumble moves'. Such rotations seem peculiar in a sense that when you rotate a vertex to its adjacent, the new rectangle will not be overlapping with the old one. The common part of these two phrasings is: a move is legal if and only if it CAN (probably with the help of other cirlces on the puzzle) complete a true circle which enables exchange of parts in it with parts in other circles. If there's no commutation of parts involved, you can stop it anywhere. Similar to that of two gears: if they are not geared, you can freely spin each of them. If they are geared, moves are constrained. For spherical and planar puzzles, there's a simpler way of avoiding illegal moves: is the face/circle you are about to turn really a circle? If yes, make the turn. If not, don't.
9. CORD & DIRT axis system explained. In the area of 3D twisty puzzles, there are two fundamental axis systems involved. One is based on the cube and the second is based on dodecahedron. For example, a normal 3x3x3 cube is technically a face turning cube. A Dino cube is technically a corner turning cube. If we draw half-lines from its geometrical center to its face centers, we get 6 half-lines. To corners, 8 half-lines. To edge centers, 12 half-lines. Such bundles of half-lines defined typical set of axes, or axis system. CORD is the set of all half-lines originating from geometrical center of a cube to its face center, edge center and corner. DIRT is the set of all half-lines originating from geometrical center of a dodecahedron to its face center, edge center and corner. Due to duality, such sets constructed from other Platonic solids will not produce new axis system. The CORD axis system contains 6+8+12=26 axes (full model: CORD V1.0). The DIRT axis system contains 12+20+30=62 axes (full model: DIRT V1.0).
10. Sticker sets. All sticker sets of all products are subject to change without notice due to instability of certain color/material. The sample pictures were usually taken from their first launches and are not to be considered exact representations of sticker sets of current products.
Last update: 2021/07/17